On Saturday, NBC News reported that Casey Anthony filed for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy in Florida. Disregarding all the publicity that she has received and the recent Casey Anthony Lifetime Movie, Anthony alleges that:
“[S]he had only $1,084; here are her main debts, according to the Sentinel report:
- About $500,000 to defense attorney Jose Baez
- $145,660.21: Orange County Sheriff’s Office
- $68,540: Internal Revenue Service
- $61,505: Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- $10,283.90: to the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation.”
In total, according to the Daily Beast article, Anthony owes “roughly $792,000” and the majority of the debt is for her defense attorney.
Even though Anthony’s criminal trial is over, she still has three active civil lawsuits. The jury found Anthony not guilty of the murder of her two year old daughter in her infamous criminal trial.